Deadline: January 30, 2023
Logistics Manager Job description
Port Houston is the advocate and a strategic leader of the Houston Ship Channel, one of the most powerful economic engines in the state and the country. Port Houston owns and operates the public wharves and terminals along the Houston Ship Channel, including the area’s largest breakbulk facility and two of the most efficient container terminals in the country.
Through our leadership and our work, we help ensure the nation’s busiest waterway stays running to benefit the customers of the public facilities we operate, our surrounding communities and industries, and our region. Port Houston exists to move the world and drive regional prosperity.
The work we do helps build up our local community, supports the economy, bolsters goodwill for the state of Texas, and influences the outlook of the entire region. And this is only the beginning! Our best accomplishments are ahead of us as we expand the Houston Ship Channel and widen its reach to become America’s distribution hub for the next generation.
Who you are:
You are more than the work you do. We want your work at Port Houston to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high-performance culture that values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
Sound like the place for you?
Logistics Coordinator Position Summary:
Processes incoming and outgoing containers at assigned terminal. Provides immediate, accurate, courteous, and exceptional customer service to drivers. Prepares data provided by drivers and manages appropriate documentation of export and import transactions.
· Process transactions for truck drivers, in- and out-bound to the terminal using the Terminal Operating System (TOS)
· Update TOS information, when necessary, to ensure proper inventory and equipment descriptions
· Perform data entry
· Verify truck/container placards based on hazardous requirements
· Create Electronic Interchange Receipts for drivers leaving the terminal to validate exiting equipment
· Provide daily support and interaction with customers and carriers
· Resolve or communicate customer problems/issues/concerns
· Maintain daily knowledge of empty and chassis rules and process changes
· Ensure trucks are processed in a timely manner
· Achieve high productivity with accurate results
· Daily schedule would be within a rotation of shifts from 6AM - 7PM
· Work required scheduled overtime hours and be available for unscheduled overtime when operating requirements or other business needs of Port Houston cannot be fulfilled during regular working hours
· Work a temporary, alternative schedule or shift as requested by supervisor, including schedules up to 11pm and/or weekends as required
· Act in accordance with Port Houston core values (respect, excellence, accountability, diligence, and you)
· Perform other duties as required
· High School diploma or GED equivalent required
· 1+ years of previous customer service experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
· Excellent customer service and communication skills, including strong verbal and listening skills
· Sound judgment and critical thinking skills
· Ability to work professionally and efficiently in fast paced environment with different personalities
· Ability to stay calm under pressure
· Ability to self-manage work pace and assigned duties
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to cross-train within department, possibly with other departments, to achieve higher level of position/company knowledge to perform to higher standards
· Ability to perform essential duties of position with time constraints, interruptions, and stressed dispatchers and drivers
· Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Terminal Operating systems
· Flexibility to work overtime, including nights, weekends, and holidays
· A Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) must be obtained within 30 days of appointment, and be maintained for the duration of employment
Key Competencies Required:
· Achieving Results
· Building Strategic Working Relationships
· Contributing to Team Success
· Customer Focus
· Managing Work (includes Time Management)
Port Houston proudly embraces diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity. Our teams reflect our commitment to celebrating diversity and creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
More Port Houston jobs
- 0 applicants
- 0-2 years
- 6 hour shift
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Free parking
- Annual bonus
- Hurry up