Marine Rigger Job description
Hutchison Ports (UK) - Port of Felixstowe is the largest deep-water Port in the UK, to support our continued growth and development we are looking to recruit an Engineering Rigger. Reporting to the Engineering Planner – Rigging, the main purpose of this role is to undertake maintenance, repairs, and installations to upgrade, maintain and commission rigging installations on the entire Port infrastructure. Whilst also providing knowledge of all rigging services on Quay Cranes, Rubber Tyre Gantry Cranes, Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes, personnel lifts, Mobile Elevating Work Platforms and associated workshop equipment.
- Ensure all maintenance and installation work is carried out effectively and safely.
- Ensure that rigging installations on the Ports plant and equipment are cost-effectively repaired and maintained in a safe manner with minimal operational disruption.
- Works in a cost-effective manner to ensure that modification and repairs are completed thoroughly and efficiently.
- Flexibility in start and finish times outside of normal working hours, including weekend cover in line with customer expectations.
- Supports the team structure and works with the team to achieve set objectives.
Who are we looking for?
- Hold either a City and Guilds I, II, and III in Mechanical Engineering or Rigging Services and/or an ONC in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Have previous working experience on a wide range of rigging repairs, installations, and lifting equipment.
- Be physically fit and able to climb and undertake manual handling up to 25kg. Candidates should also be able to work at heights.
- Hold a full DVLA Driving Licence.
In addition, it is desirable for candidates to have:
- In-depth experience and knowledge of container handling cranes, and general and specific rigging systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake training to obtain Engineering Plant Licences and develop sufficient experience in Crane Rigging Services. The successful candidate is also expected to maintain their personal development which may include certification in specific Rigging skills.
Hutchison Ports is committed to creating and developing an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants and encourage discussion about flexible working opportunities. We offer a supportive, community environment and have recently been awarded Chartered status by Women In Maritime. We have our own Women’s Network, offer leadership, mentoring, and role-specific training.