Lawyer Job description
As a Corporate Lawyer in the Legal Affairs department at Port of Amsterdam, you think about various topics that the business encounters. You advise the management, the business, and the legal entities affiliated with the Port of Amsterdam in the field of corporate law (company law, financial transactions), rights in rem (rental and long lease), and contract law. You also largely independently negotiate (on behalf of Port of Amsterdam) in private law disputes that your colleagues encounter and you represent Port of Amsterdam in legal proceedings. You also maintain contact with external lawyers independently. In addition, you stay informed of relevant changes in legislation and regulations and you inform your colleagues about them.
This is a position in which you have a lot of contact with private and public parties (stakeholders). You work together in a team of six company lawyers and you report to the Head of Legal Affairs. Port of Amsterdam pays a lot of attention to a good "work-life balance". Working from home is also an option.
What is required?
- Completed university education (Dutch law)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of corporate law, commercial law and contract law
- Excellent command of the Dutch language in word and writing, good knowledge of the English language in word and writing
- Sense of managerial relationships and strong social skills
- Negotiation experience and commercial acumen
- You stand firm, like to work in a team, and have a sense of humor
What do you get?
- €4,568 - €6,264 gross p/m (depending on knowledge and experience)
- 32 to 36-hour work week
- 158.4 holiday hours based on full-time (+ public holidays, including Good Friday, 1 and 5 May)
- Personal development budget of € 2,000 (annual)
- Phone and Surface Laptop
- Home workplace and work-from-home allowance
More Port of Amsterdam jobs
- 0 applicants
- Mid-Level, Senior
- 1 hour shift
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Free parking
- Annual bonus
- Hurry up