Aircraft Inspector Job description
Endeavor Air, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines, takes pride in delivering a safe, reliable, and customer-focused travel experience. Flying as Delta Connection, Endeavor operates more than 900 daily flights to 140+ destinations in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., Endeavor operates six crew bases and 11 maintenance bases across the country. At the heart of our operation, over 5,000 employees keep us soaring and help ensure Endeavor sets the standard for excellence in the regional airline industry.
We know that our people are our greatest assets, and we are committed to building a culture where employees love coming to work each day. At Endeavor Air, we foster a diverse, culturally-rich and safe workplace where employees are treated with dignity and respect. With a culture built on safety, excellence, and teamwork, Endeavor offers limitless potential for aviation professionals looking to start or continue their careers.
Our team promotes an inclusive environment in all aspects of the airline and our operation. As an EEO employer, we provide opportunities for all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disabled status.Overview
The Inspector performs inspection duties to determine the airworthiness of the aircraft.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the efficient and economical determination of airworthiness of aircraft maintenance and other work while assigned to Quality Control.
- Provide all possible assistance to maintenance operations, including supervision, inspection, and training.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and abilities.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office suite including word, excel and data input functions Perform additional functions that may be assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate behavior in accordance with Endeavor Air's “Code of Conduct” in all Company business dealings and decisions.
- Demonstrate a high level of focus on customer service.
- Must be able to use ladders, work stands, lifts, etc., and be able to work on all areas of the aircraft that may require access during the performance of duties.
- Must have normal color perception and corrected visual acuity of 20/20 to perform non-destructive testing.
- Must not have any medical condition that precludes certification as aircraft run/taxi qualified.
- Repetitive motion such as: typing on the computer and phone work.
- Occasional physical exertion such as: pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking, and light lifting of boxes, bags, files, and electronic equipment not in excess of 50 lbs.
- Working in a hangar or stockroom and subjected to noise such as airport runway, and pneumatic tools.
- Computer work in a typical office environment, sometimes sitting for the majority of the day.
- A uniform is required, and Endeavor provides a uniform allowance.
- Safety shoes are required and the cost is covered by the employee
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must hold a valid Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic’s license.
- Experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician is required, and inspector experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the maturity, judgment, and analytical ability to objectively perform oversight within all aspects of aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, reliable, self-motivated with a positive attitude, and very customer service oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work scheduled and/or extra hours when necessary including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and if the position requires the use of company vehicle(s), must be insurable under company insurance coverage.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. passport.
- Limited travel may be necessary.
- May require an annual eye exam as required by FAA.
Providing world-class service to our customers starts with providing world-class benefits to our employees. Endeavor Air employees receive a competitive total compensation package which includes a variety of benefits to choose from and some of the best perks around.
- Free or reduced-rate travel privileges on Delta Air Lines and 80+ air carriers worldwide for employees and eligible family members
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match starting on Day 1
- Operational Performance Rewards (OPR) Program
- Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), and voluntary supplementary benefit options